Saturday, September 18, 2010

Go Raibh Mile Maith Agat!!






Good morning and Happy Yom Kippur!! I hope everyone out there is having a wonderful start to the day. My apologies for the lack of blog posts this past week. With "Fresher's Week" and registration, let's just say things have been quite hectic. Sometimes, it seems so surreal that I am in Ireland, learning and living their culture. This place constantly reminds me that the world is a beautiful place and I feel so blessed to have this amazing opportunity to be here. From my last post, all my roommates had not moved in. Well, now we are all moved in and I love them so much!! They are incredible girls and every day, I learn a million things about the Irish or their colloquial language. When we go out, I am introduced as the American girl roommate which is such a change!! Most people in Ireland have never been to the States and are fascinated to learn about American culture. Last weekend, Kim and I headed to Bunratty to visit the Bunratty Castle-- so amazing! Everything is just so ancient and historical which is fantastic! Today, Lexa, Kim and I toured Galway and I came to realize that I had been running on the other side of a a castle dating back to the 14th century! Nights in Galway have been "sound" and the people constantly amaze me by their kindness and enthusiasm with Americans. Officially I have registered for classes and I can't wait to start my documentary on my experiences in Ireland. In addition, I will be playing Gaelic Football and Coamogie (girl version of Hurling) this semester. There is so much to do and so many clubs! Irish music and dance club should be fantastic and my friend Aoiphe and I will be auditioning for the school musical! I really miss all my friends and family back in the States and sending all my love to you all! Anyways, a couple of my friends and I are headed to the pubs so I will write soon!

Love,
Nicole

Ps. This was written from earlier this morning and due to technical difficulties it just sent! I hope those that celebrate Yom Kippur had a healthy and safe fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment